Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Alvin Greene

Bill Warner of Yucca Valley Calif. is hardly naïve, understanding that in the world of American politics, his little group — the Lincoln Club of the Morongo Basin — is hardly a drop in the bucket of political power and influence. Its purpose he claims is "to promote, educate and advance conservative principles of fiscal responsibility, small limited government, free enterprise, the rule of law, private property rights, and the preservation and protection of individual liberty." The group has only 25 members, and has raised around $10,000 to further its goals. "It's our way of doing what we can do," he says. Warner is 65 and soft-spoken, the kind who asks questions before making decisions, and doesn't consider himself either a rabble-rouser or "tea party-er." Yet in March, Warner packed up and drove to Harry Reid’s hometown of Searchlight, Nev., to join thousands of others at a tea party protesting today’s big government.

Annamarie Miller is a schoolteacher with a love of history and ideas. Though hardly menacing, she is a renegade who refuses to take any authority figure's word at face value. That she says began during her student days at California State University, and "I became disillusioned by the revisionism of history. A lot of stuff they were teaching me twisted the truth." Inspired by campaign literature, she began to question the "truths" of authorities.

Two more or less ordinary people… neither are rich and famous, and neither are “powers in the land”. Both seem to be more or less ordinary citizens who are “fed-up” with the current political situation in our nation. Nor are they alone. It is this kind of action that helped tea party favorite Sharron Angle capture the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in Nevada, who is now challenging Majority Leader Harry Reid. It helped tea party darlings Raul Labrador here in Idaho and Todd Lally in Kentucky win their congressional primaries. It helped libertarian Rand Paul beat out an establishment candidate in Kentucky. The tea party movement is after-all a loose knit coalition of individuals and groups who are somewhat upset by Washington’s continued spending, our constantly rising taxes, constant raids on our individual liberty, and the uncontrolled growth of government.

On the Sept. 7th 2008 broadcast of "Meet the Press", then Senator Obama was asked about his position on the American Flag by retired USAF General Bill Ginn, and explained that "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ."

“When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path… My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Well, I’m certainly overwhelmed! Mr. Obama wants us to “… conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails”. Humm… yet in the “peaceful” Islamic nation of Iran, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, mother of two, has been sentenced to being stoned to death, for running afoul of Islamic religious law. The thought of Islam over running and destroying Israel, and the ensuing holocaust, leaves me cold as well.

But we, even as individuals, can change things. An unemployed 32-year-old black Army veteran with no campaign funds, no signs, and no website shocked South Carolina by winning the Democratic Senate primary! Alvin Greene defeated Vic Rawl, a former judge and state legislator, who had a $186,000 campaign warchest. Even with the deck stacked against him, Greene said that he wasn't surprised by his victory. "I wasn’t surprised, but not really. I mean, just a little, but not much. I knew I was on top of my campaign, and just stayed on top of everything, I just—I wasn't surprised that much, just a little. I knew that I worked hard and did," Greene stated in an interview. With that, the left has decided that Alvin Greene's “unplanned” victory in the South Carolina Democratic primary must be the result of a Republican dirty trick. Greene won, beating the establishment candidate despite having no job, home, campaign headquarters… or even a campaign! Other than a $10,000 filing fee which seems to have come out of nowhere, Greene put absolutely no effort into the race, which left Obama adviser David Axelrod saying that Greene was not a "legitimate" candidate, and called his victory "a mysterious deal."

Well, yeah, just how could a young African-American with strange origins, suspicious funding, shady associations, no experience, no qualifications, and no work history, appear out of nowhere and win an election?

No comments: